• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Dental Phobia on BBC Radio Derby

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
There's a very good piece on a chat show on BBC Radio Derby today (I think it can only be accessed today, so hurry up :)). The dentist who features is very reassuring, and it's not scary.

You can listen to the show by going to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/derby.shtml

Click on Aleena Naylor's Morning Show - the dental phobia pieces start about 15 minutes into the programme (maybe less). You can use the "Play" button to fast-forward (caution - it's *very* fast!).

Last edited:
T

takingflight

I enjoyed listening to it...at least what I was able to. My husband heard it also and he remarked that it seems like more dentists in the UK take an interest in their patients than in the states. While we have some wonderful dentists out there it seems like the majority are turning more towards cosmetic dentistry.

Unfortunately about the time she started taking callers my internet kept going down so it would re-load and re-load and so on......you get the picture! I was glad I got to hear the dentist speak though, I'd go to him just based on what he had to say! ;)

Any thoughts on e-mailing a poster to her? That would certainly be a way to get the word out if she mentioned it on air. :D