• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Phobia Only Can’t Stop The Worry

S

Simondo89

Firstly I would like to start by saying I am OCD about my teeth! I have a problem I clench and grind my teeth, I have a night guard for when I sleep, about 5 days ago I took my guard out in my sleep I woke myself up from grinding I don’t know if I heard a crack or it was a dream i subconsciously think about them constantly, I woke up with some discomfort which is normal for me but then I was unsure if I had cracked my front tooth I have done something similar before ended up with craze lines in the tooth, I remember a dentist telling me If your tooth was cracked it would be loose I start messing with it prodding it to see irritated it abit, day 5 now and there is a pressure pain dull ache? In the tooth I’m really worried I don’t want to lose my tooth I don’t want a root canal as I’ve had one in a molar and it failed I’m praying my tooth isn’t cracked? Could it be I’ve done what I did in the past and bruised my ligament it feels very familiar but I can’t be sure I’m going insane, I’ve been to my dentist well he was new and got no help what so ever he checked it no it looks ok no infection no tenderness, my tooth feels numb throbbing at times others pressure please I would like some advice I’m extremely shitting it I can’t lose my front tooth, any advice tips would be much appreciated, I’ve been on ibrprofen and paracetamol both have helped Cheers.

Bruised ligament would fit your symptoms quite nicely. Try softish diet for a few days, don't leave out your night guard again and try to take some actions to relieve your stress levels, stress >> grinding/clenching. Exercise helps or whatever does it for you.