• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Dental Phobia Workbook

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Spooky... I was posting here about ideas for a "workbook" of sorts for our website and then came across one that's very similar to what I had in mind on the Beyond Fear website... anyway, I reckon it's well worth downloading, for anyone struggling to make a first appoinment:

Code:
http://www.beyondfear.org/downloads/What needs to happen.doc1a.pdf
(because the link doesn't contain underscores to connect the words, you'll need to copy and paste it into your browser. It should open as a PDF file.)

P

Parsnip

Verified dentist
That looks very useful. Nice one Lets! :jump:

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure, I think it may be a bit too complex for many people (it's quite overwhelming, really, if you don't know much about the subject matter, and for obvious reasons many people with a dental phobia wouldn't ;)), but at the same time, there are useful pages in it. In other words, it would've been too difficult for me to do, lol :p. Still, the more material, the better :cheers:!

A

Andrew_Solecki

Initially the workbook could seem complex which is why included within it comes with the offer of free support to work through any or all of the stages.

It is stated that: If you have any problems with any of the steps within this workbook please contact me and I will work through it with you. This document is offered with free support either:

by email
by telephone

Also in the first step it is clearly stated that:

If thinking about what stops you triggers the reactive fear response you may feel the fear almost as badly as if you were actually facing the dentist. So please do not proceed with this process as it will be difficult or even impossible to continue. Please contact me via the website or call me and I will teach you a technique that will enable you to stop the reactive response

The steps have been developed as a result of over 8 years of successfully getting people to the dentist. So, give it a try and know that if you have any problems at all help is available for you.

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrew :welcome:,

if you'd like to describe your technique here, you're very welcome! (we used to have a dedicated "tips and tricks"board, but got rid it - too many categories already... :().

Thanks for joining :)!