• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental phobic no dental petrified

M

maddawgzy

Hi guys i keep having damn teeth problems, fillings crowns whatever..It makes me upset having to go!!! worse fear is extraction?....i need to mentally get a grip!! but my worse fear is extraction!. them pliers that pulling, it makes me go white then feel like i will faint........ is the tooth really embedded into the jaw bone?.....is there an easier way to pull out a tooth?, General anesthetic?. Esp those molars omg!.....i had one done once and he pulled a bit of jaw bone out, I wish i could be like other ppl just sit back relax...I don't know why I'm so terrified?.

Tell me about it. I've been having teeth problems popping up almost constantly for a year now and seeing the dentist practically every other month. It's come to the point where I'm starting to become more wild with frustration than scared, though I AM worried that the dentist will think that I'm a hypochondriac (HA! If he only knew how I hate having health problems of any kind!) or something serious might pop up.

Long story short, I feel your pain, but we have no choice except to go get our problems checked. You never know if it's something serious or something that could be much, much worse if you leave it alone. I'd rather be a hypochondriac than someone who needs a root canal or extraction.

Back