• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental problems

H

hcpitney416

I slipped, fell and knocked out quite a few of my top teeth. I have to get a root canal and a tooth extracted before the real work begins. I am worried about pain as I've never had a root canal or a tooth extracted even though I should have had a couple removed in the past. What kind of pain can I expect or what kind of pain prevention can I use? I am so scared! This pic is from when I first fell. I have to get a root canal on tooth 9 and have tooth 8 extracted (or maybe vice-versa)

Attachments

• 20231120_131733.jpg
    20231120_131733.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 9
What kind of pain can I expect or what kind of pain prevention can I use?
Little to none, there's no reason why dentistry should be painful.

I had a bad fall right before Thanksgiving and knocked out a few teeth and really damaged my smile. On Thursday, December 21st, I had 4 provisional crowns put onto my teeth. They look great, almost exactly like my real teeth, but they feel so foreign to me and I am afraid to really eat anything. I have obviously been staying away from hard foods like apples for fear that i may pull teeth out. I am also staying away from anything sticky for the same reasons. I am getting my permanent crowns in the middle of February. So far all I have really been eating is yogurt, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and milkshakes but managed to eat some chicken fingers cut up really little and some pancakes cut up really small. Every day is getting better but I can't wait until I have the permanent teeth and can go on with my life. Attached are before and after (may show up as after and before but you'll get the idea)

Attachments

• 20231225_111941.jpg
    20231225_111941.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20231119_102519.jpg
    20231119_102519.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 9
My Mum is on her first temporary bridge, she gets her permanent bridge next February , she has her first temporary bridge for two weeks now, her crown lasted 30 years, but has fallen out twice this year and once last year,

There will be some foods she would probably stay away from when she has her permanent bridge,

Good luck with your treatment

Ah you poor thing, looks like you had a really nasty fall. Hope you're recovering OK from it.

Ah you poor thing, looks like you had a really nasty fall. Hope you're recovering OK from it.
Oh it was nasty, and may have very well been the worst thing that ever happened to me. I am slowly reintroducing foods into my life but it's scary

@hcpitney416 you poor thing. As well as cuts and bruises it really knocks your confidence aswell. Take care of you x

Back