• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Trauma

S

Suz21

My whole life I have been terrifed of losing my teeth, and i have always practised good dental hygiene and looked after them well. Unfortunately 3weeks ago i slipped in the shower and suffered bad trauma to my front teeth, one of which was a horizontal fracture. I know this is rare, but can it heal. Im currently in a splint, but im been told to just go for an implant. Because i need impressions for the implant (if i proceed with this) the current tooth in question is very sensitive and extremely sore to touch, how long would it take for impressions to be able to be taken?

Attachments

• IS20210813_121949_0148_000007E9.jpg
    IS20210813_121949_0148_000007E9.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 5
A caring dentist would put some local in first before taking the impressions :)

From the perspective of someone who had a front tooth extracted due to injury, the thought of everything is much worse than the actual procedures.
I had impressions taken while my tooth was still very tender. Like Gordon said, the dentist numbed the tooth and was very gentle. I was terrified at the time but it went very well. My oral surgeon actually placed the implant right after he extracted the tooth, so I didn’t have to wear the temporary flipper for too long.

Back