• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist advice on what to do?

J

janetteeth27

Hello, I am very nervous.
I am scared. I am 50 years old. I have been to a dentist at least once, that I can recall. I think I went when I was
really, really young, and I think was about 30-35 years ago. and that scared me and I have never went back. First off, I
have over time, have lost all my teeth except for one. My upper jaw doesn't line up with my lower jaw. The lower jaw
sticks out more than my upper jaw. When I was younger, I recall going to a doctor, but they scared me, telling me that I
needed surgery. Can you help me? Will going to a dentist help me? Will I need surgery? Please help me

Hello, I am very nervous.
I am scared. I am 50 years old. I have been to a dentist at least once, that I can recall. I think I went when I was
really, really young, and I think was about 30-35 years ago. and that scared me and I have never went back. First off, I
have over time, have lost all my teeth except for one. My upper jaw doesn't line up with my lower jaw. The lower jaw
sticks out more than my upper jaw. When I was younger, I recall going to a doctor, but they scared me, telling me that I
needed surgery. Can you help me? Will going to a dentist help me? Will I need surgery? Please help me
Hi,

It sounds like you are in distress but unfortunately I cannot give you a real advice other than go to a dentist.
Given the long time not going to a dentist, walking into a treatment room will be very new and maybe frightening but it is for you benefit to face the fear and at least have a check up.
You can also post your x ray images here in this forum and get opinions from the dentists.

All the best,
Daniel

Back