• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist applied seal and protect along with varnish! Sensitivity

A

A196x

I seen my dentist and they aren’t keen on the filling as I was a nervous patient and couldn’t tolerate one last time, they instead have done X Rays weeks back which showed there was nothing there but there is the erosion damage/grinding damage. So maybe that’s why my dentist wanted to do a filling, especially as I have had pain, sensitivity to all foods biting.

the dentist yesterday said they’d paint my worst tooth, right away I felt the tooth become more sensitive after she applied. They then also applied fluoride varnish to all of the teeth, (brown sticky kind) I didn’t brush my teeth until this morning but my teeth are feeling way more sensitive than usual like since the stuff was applied. and not the kind before where I could bear it.
they also done fluoride trays which i’ll need to put in for 10 minutes daily.
I’m now worrying over the sensitivity as some teeth that weren’t problems before are feeling a bit! Should it clear?
(Although seal was done and varnish was Applied teeth look the same but feel :(

Attachments

• 3CD1235F-8E51-4E5A-8068-BC9BE248A447.jpeg
    3CD1235F-8E51-4E5A-8068-BC9BE248A447.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 6
It should settle down fairly quickly. Seal and protect is great stuff. Tastes blooming awful though!

Thanks Gordon. That pink stuff for making impressions for fluoride trays was also horrible lol. This reassures me, think they’ll top up the seal and protect if ever needed. Should I be able to see the seal stuff as can’t? Tooth looks normal as usual. Sure it was seal and protect as they painted with a little stick!

Seal and protect is clear, so no you can't see it. Yep, you can top it up as often as required.
The pink stuff is called alginate. It comes in a few different flavours but they're all pretty minging :)

Back