Dentist appt 3 months out!

A

Acazz470

Hello
I have a dental appt for June. Cleaning and X-ray. Been 4 years since I’ve been in the chair. Not that I don’t like healthy teeth, but mainly dental anxiety and costs.
Anyways, I have several small spots I assume are caries, but no large holes or decay. My main problem is sensitivity, and my already deep filled molars. While investigating my mouth, I noticed bony bumps across the jaw like under my tongue. Could this be “mandibular Tori”? I’ve never noticed it before. Also went to doctor for ear discomfort, throat soreness and headache. Tonsils feel swollen but was told negative for strep and covid. They said take an allergy pill as they seen “cobblestoning”. I have no visible marks in mouth, other than cheek biting which is a nervous habit. No abcess etc. So now I’m thinking I have oral cancer or some type of dental infection of the jaw etc. I’m 33 years old. I do smoke, but in process of quitting! Please advise? Could I have infection from teeth? Is bony things on jaw normal? Or am I paranoid and it’s really allergies? I’m on cancellation list so hoping I can get in sooner than June. Also including picture of the bony things. A799D697-D2C9-4A37-B968-4B3AFAF146A9.jpeg

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
The boney things are tori. Perfectly harmless. There's no need to panic and waiting till June isn't going to do you any harm.