• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist appt April 2

A

ayanna07

Hi i have had a dental consultation previously and i know the work that needs to be done.....but being CHICKEN :redface: i put it off.......well the chickeness has caught up woth me....i know i need root canal(S)! i'm freakin out!!!!! :scared: i don't know what to do??? i have been web surfing dental anxiety topics,root canal procedures,time, and post treatment. I found this website and i love this forum. The stories are great and have help me to relax a little bit.....but i can't completely because i have not had my procedure yet. Can you have two root canals done in one day? Oh god!!!!! that sound worst just typing it! well i hope to hear words of encouragement because at this point i'm ready to pay someone to hit me in my mouth and just knock the rest of the teeth i have left completely out!!!! :drool:

hi
i dont see why you cant although they are longer delicate procedures so not sure if they do it. gordon or pars should be able to help :thumbsup: i have had at least 6 and can honestly say its not as bad as their reputation.

Hi & :welcome: I have moved your post to this area, so you will get all of the support you need. I have had a few root canals and believe me I was terrified too, but really they are not worse than getting a filling, except they take longer to do. As our resident dentists would say, they are really quite boring for the patients. Some people have even fallen asleep during the procedure if you can believe that :p

I know being knocked in the mouth sounds like an easy out...take if from someone who had that happen (while on vacation, had an accident which broke all of my top teeth) you do not want that to happen...REALLY!! ;)

Most of the time, fear of the unknown, is worse than the actual event. I am sure everyone who has gone through root canals, will be able to give you some helpful information and hopefully calm your fear...at least a little bit ;)

Keep us posted and good luck

Back