• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist appt tomorrow-Updated

Z

Zephyr025

Well, I have a dentist appt. tomorrow to get on onlay (partial crown) and to have the tooth in front of the one that is going to be onlayed, to have its filling redone. I haven't been nervous all week, b/c the last appt I had with this dentist, I was totally comfortable. I'm thinking about it tomorrow and I'm getting nervous. I might have started having needle phobia. :hidesbehindsofa: I'm definitely going to get the laughing gas. It can't be any worse than having teeth pulled!!! :( I just hope everything goes well and this dentist's work is as good as his personality.

Re: Dentist appt tomorrow

Well, I just came back from the dentist. sigh....I had a filling redone and an onlay. The laughing gas didn't calm me down, and the assistant was a snot. sigh.....The tooth that had to be refilled was very numb, but when he was drilling I could feel a pinch in an certain area. SO he numbed it up with something else. My onlay is in, but my bite doesn't quite feel right, but Im still numb, so....thats probably all that it is. (hopefully) :scared: I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I got this done. :shame: I can't say whether my experience was a good one or a bad one. I'll write later as the numbness wears off. Sigh...........

Sorry the assistant was a snot. My last dentist visit was five years ago, and the assistant/hygenist was so bad I didn't go back until my appointment I made tomorrow! At least the worst is over, and it's all down hill from here!

Back