• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist in Cheshire

F

fidelity

Hello,

I am trying to locate a dentist who I will feel comfortable with, being as I have not been for over 20 years and will I think need lots of work done - but will be an NHS patient.

I live in Stockport so would be grateful if you could please let me know of any recommendations please.

Thanks

Hello Hun.. :)

I'm Also With The Nhs & I Live In Glossop.. I Rang The Dental Access Number Which I Found On Google & They Got Me An Appointment.. Then I Had A Check Up.. Was Told What Work Needed To Be Done.. :/ I Was Too Scared To Have It Done At The Normal Dentist So They Refered Me For Iv Sedation.. Which Went Brilliantly.. :)
I'm Sure You Will Be Ok.. Good Luck In Finding A Dentist.. I Typed In Nhs Dentists In Glossop.. Just Type The Same For Stockport.. Its All Classed In The Same Area Anyway.. :)

Laura..x

Thanks Laura, I am going to get a friend to call a local dentist for me and explain everything- I did try to email a few in the area but had had no responses from some of them and feel that I will competely breakdown on the phone and even then going into the dentist after that I will feel as though they are looking and talking about me.

I am disgusted with myself now as to why I have let my teeth get in such a state - I do want to fix them 'if they can be'

Maybe like you after the check up they will realise that I need sedation... fingers crossed and thanks again.

Hi guys

I too am looking for an NHS dentist in the Stockport area, but it makes me feel ill just thinking about it. I haven't been to a dentist for 20 years & I'm so ashamed my back teeth are a real mess, but I just don't know where to start. I tried looking through the NHS website but couldn't find anyone local who's taking new NHS patients & even if I can find someone what if they don't understand how silly & scared am I. Did you manage to find anywhere Fidelity? I hope so. Please let me know how you got on. Thank you

Hi Blue44,

I have emailed a request for an appointment at White Heart Dental in Manchester, I know it is quite a way from me but I have tried most in Stockport and cant get in under NHS - It seems that as soon as I mentioned that I had a dental phobia they said they are no longer taking NHS due to funding but could pay private...(I would if I had the money)

I will keep you updated as to how I go on...
:(

I really need to find one, and need to be put under. Ive suffered for a couple of years now and my teeth really need a good go at.

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and I fled last time at the dentists!! I am in pain alot as have lost a filling also.

have been looking into being knocked out for the work.. just need to find somewhere !

Is this possible to have done do you think ( on NHS) :(

Hi Fidelity

Just wanted to say I hope you get sorted out soon, take care.:)

Seashell, I am booked in for a week tomorrow - so nervous :cry:

Hey love, I'm so glad you got in somewhere. I can imagine how you feel, these next few days will seem like an eternity but once you've been you can start to move on. I'm so proud of you, I know how hard it's been for you and booking the appointment is a huge achievment in itself.

Stay strong Fidelity love and please let me know how you get on, best of luck.

Back