• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist in Hertfordshire

E

emmajane

Can anyone recommend a VERY sympathetic dentist in Hertfordshire? I don't mind where as I will travel for the right dentist. This is fairly urgent as I have left this so long now I have quite bad toothache... It would be great financially if I could find an NHS dentist although this is not essential.

Thank you very much,

Emma.

I hear Dr. Lincoln Hirst at the Beehive Dental Practice in Welwyn Garden City is good with nervous patients. I haven't had experience with him personally, but I've been treated extensively by one of his colleagues, and he was very good, so I'd expect Dr. Hirst to be very good as well. He is one of the panel on this forum apparently.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Hi emmajane,

Just seen this thread. I would be glad to help you. If you are interested send me a pm or contact me via my website.

Lincoln

I have just seen that the dentist has offered to help you. That is amazing and makes me want to ask if I could see him too! However, he didnt say if he was national health or not. I actually plucked up the courage to walk into a local dentist surgery today to see if I could talk to the dentist and an awful dental nurse looked me up and down and said we are not taking any more nhs patients. She was so unpleasant it made me cry and feel that if she really knew how much it had taken for me to go in there she would have behaved differently. I hope!

I just checked Lincoln's website, it says 'affordable private treatment for adults' and NHS for kids.

I have just seen that the dentist has offered to help you. That is amazing and makes me want to ask if I could see him too! However, he didnt say if he was national health or not. I actually plucked up the courage to walk into a local dentist surgery today to see if I could talk to the dentist and an awful dental nurse looked me up and down and said we are not taking any more nhs patients. She was so unpleasant it made me cry and feel that if she really knew how much it had taken for me to go in there she would have behaved differently. I hope!

How awful for you; I do hope you haven't let it put you off going into another dentist to see if they can help you. So sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on this forum for ages (It's only as my tooth ache has returned that I checked back at all). I have now worked up the courage to contact Dr Hirst - It really is about time I got this sorted out. I wish you lots of luck and try to think about how brilliant it will feel when you've done it!

Best wishes,

Emma

In such a state - totally confused by it all and need to get something done - Dr Lincoln Hirst has responded to me v quickly and am going to phone first thing tomorrow am to get an appointment!!

Back