• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist saved my life

B

Billy bags

Hi
Im new but thought id share this...years of neglect and ignoring dental visits my front bottom teeth strated to lift. After more neglect they started to shift and became loose which affected my eating and was embarrassing. Long story short i me the best woman ever and she wasnt pushy and said when you want to make an appt let me know and ill donit for you. I got the courage and she made an appt with her dentist who immediately took my blood pressure and it was 196/128 and looked at me as if i was going to explode..doing crossfit for many years and not being overweight i didnt even think of a high bp but my dr caught it and am being treated now. I was a walking tim bomb for a stroke and had no idea. All said and done i have a primary care physician now and the dental issues are currently being done. 4 front bottom teeth removed and a bone graft along with a deep cleaning and 8 of 11 cavities filled. Next step is hope bone graft takes and implant bridge put in. Its been a long hard and expensive road but all in all with gentle caring oral surgeon and dentist it has been pain free no pain meds needed other that the embarrassment of missing my 4 bottom teeth but thats only temporary but most important they caught the high blood pressure and i believe saved my life...

That's fantastic. What an inspiration. Congratulations and well done for doing it. Sounds like you have amazing support

Wonderful. Such courage. Enjoy your new life. ????

This is a great testimony!! You really overcame alot and are very courageous and so happy for you!! :) :welldone::cheer2: Keep up the good work and taking care of yourself .!!

Back