• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist tomorrow first time in 30 years ?

Chew gum or a polo. It tricks the mind( if your eating you can’t be in a stressful situation) so it calms you down a bit, always helps me a bit
Thanks apple ...just wish it was over tbh ...leave in an hour for appointment ,,,, very anxious, tired , haven't eaten in 2days "starving".. the mad stuff the mind does

Good luck, let us know how it went :clover:

Thanks apple ...just wish it was over tbh ...leave in an hour for appointment ,,,, very anxious, tired , haven't eaten in 2days "starving".. the mad stuff the mind does

Good luck Jay!! We’ll be thinking of you and report back ASAP!!!

Good luck Jay!! We’ll be thinking of you and report back ASAP!!!
That's me home ??... can't believe that...was in and out of the dentist's in 15 minutes
Took him about 1 minute to take out ...and the crown broke ..he let me see it ...... Can't believe that unbelievable .........

Well done to you! Hopefully you can relax and eat something in a bit :welldone:

That's fantastic news, congratulations and well done ? !!! Really good to hear things went so smoothly!

:cheers: <-- bring on the xmas celebrations ?

Well done to you! Hopefully you can relax and eat something in a bit :welldone:
Thanks apple ? unbelievable ... couldn't believe it ...

That's fantastic news, congratulations and well done ? !!! Really good to hear things went so smoothly!

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback ...was a big thing for me after 30 years away from the dentist...Andrew (dentist) was so quick couldn't believe it

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback ...was a big thing for me after 30 years away from the dentist...Andrew (dentist) was so quick couldn't believe it

there you go!! I might need Andrew’s details ?? how you feeling now?

there you go!! I might need Andrew’s details ?? how you feeling now?
??... Katie couldn't believe it ,, still shocked ... Still numb ...and still bleeding abit ... Took a couple of Neurofen there

Could do with a beer now ???,, can't wait for Xmas nxt week now ...and to wake up with not worrying if the tooth is gonna be sore ..merry Xmas lol

A very merry Xmas to you, too ? - hope the healing is going well!

Enjoy ?!!

Hi guys ...I don't think my extraction site has healed aswell as it should have ?..still have abit of a hole there & still have dull pain left side of head .... Worrying now that it's a thing called dry socket ... Wondering if it will heal itself over .... I have to see the dentist nxt Wednesday anyway for more work

Sorry to hear that you're still having pain... Could you try giving Andrew a call tomorrow and ask if that's within the normal range of what he'd expect? Some extractions are slower to heal than others. The symptom of dry socket is pain that isn't helped by over-the-counter painkillers, usually starting within 2 days of the extraction. The hole is probably normal, it can take up to 3 months for it to fill in. It does sound like a long time to feel pain though, so it would not hurt to phone and check, just in case!

Sorry to hear that you're still having pain... Could you try giving Andrew a call tomorrow and ask if that's within the normal range of what he'd expect? Some extractions are slower to heal than others. The symptom of dry socket is pain that isn't helped by over-the-counter painkillers, usually starting within 2 days of the extraction. The hole is probably normal, it can take up to 3 months for it to fill in. It does sound like a long time to feel pain though, so it would not hurt to phone and check, just in case!
Thanks for getting back letsconnect .... It's a dull pain nothing to serious tbh , but it is annoying if you know what I mean ..couple of ibuprofen take it away ..but always seems to return for some reason , just hope'n it goes away , got the wisdom tooth out to get rid of all the pain lol ??..but I'll see what it's like over weekend ...have to get more out on Wednesday ? I think and a filling ..the anxiety begins ??...was just panicking incase it was dry socket & I've done something wrong....nowing me ..but fingers crossed I haven't , I'll mention it to him ....and thanks again ....iam sure I'll be on here over the next few stressful weeks even months .....

Best of luck for tomorrow Jay ☘ - you've got this ?

Hope you've been able to eat some, despite the anxiety and everything ?. And hopefully the wizzie site is healing ok!

Best of luck for tomorrow Jay ☘ - you've got this ?

Hope you've been able to eat some, despite the anxiety and everything ?. And hopefully the wizzie site is healing ok!
Thanks letsconnect ? really appreciate the message ?... Tbh no haven't had any food just plenty of fluids ?.. no appetite at all .. but iam always like this .. nightmare
Think it is , maybe iam a slow healer but still a bit of a hole & sometimes a dull pain nothing serious tbh ,,but maybe it's just the site healing itself with the bone ? mystery me

But hopefully things go good tomorrow and I can get through it .. ANXIETY through the roof

Thanks letsconnect ? really appreciate the message ?... Tbh no haven't had any food just plenty of fluids ?.. no appetite at all .. but iam always like this .. nightmare
Think it is , maybe iam a slow healer but still a bit of a hole & sometimes a dull pain nothing serious tbh ,,but maybe it's just the site healing itself with the bone ? mystery me

But hopefully things go good tomorrow and I can get through it .. ANXIETY through the roof

Hi Jay , sorry I’ve not been around too much recently been having some bad anxiety over a chip in one of my newish fillings as well as my root canal tooth still not completely calmed from november. Hope you are doing ok and had a good Christmas. I see you’ve got an appointment tomorrow so just wanted to post to say good luck for tomorrow and hope everything goes well. ????

Hi Jay , sorry I’ve not been around too much recently been having some bad anxiety over a chip in one of my newish fillings as well as my root canal tooth still not completely calmed from november. Hope you are doing ok and had a good Christmas. I see you’ve got an appointment tomorrow so just wanted to post to say good luck for tomorrow and hope everything goes well. ????
Thanks Katie , really appreciate it,, never gets easy?..still have abit of dull pain from my wisdom extraction before Xmas, goes into my head sometimes ,, a mystery & just annoying ?, hopefully it settles aswell ... Hope u had a good Xmas to .... And all my fingers crossed your tooth settles vsoon aswell

Just looking forward to it being over , like we all do ..... & Thanks again ...iam sure I'll be on tomorrow at some stage ???

Back