• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentistry and fibromyalgia and tmj and mouth ulcers

M

magicmia

Hi

Any help regarding pain management to get a toothache (lower right) on friday would be great - i have a chronic pain condition fibromyalgia and also CFS - i am chemically sensitive to many meds including anaesthetic which make me very ill for weeks - i cant tolerate antibiotics as am now almost immune to them - 15 courses this year so far - i have have tmj for 2 years and now how "phantom" pain in upper right socket where i have a full upper plate for past 10 years? My mouth is very ulcerated at present too and the ulcers are weeping down my throat - toothpaste burns the life out of me and mouthwash too - any advice to help until Friday would be good - thanks in advance

M

Difflam mouthwash might help with the ulcers, don't know if you can buy it without a prescription where you are?
Otherwise plain warm water with a half teaspoon of salt dissolved in it is about the best thing you can do.

Back