• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Dentists in Orkney Islands

T

thoraallan

I live in the Orkney Islands. I'm suffering badly from dental pain and phobia. Where is the nearest sedation clinic to Orkney? can I get help with paying for the treatment?

H

hardleynews

Re: Dentists in my area

Dental treatment in Orkney tends to be a bit of a lottery but do try to Nigel Pendrey. He's probably the best dentist here. He works at the local hospital and I have found him to be very kind and helpful. He didn't judge me and I had a pretty grotty mouth before he got to work on me. I got to see him by asking my doctor to refer me having seen some of the others.

TraceyB

[Admin note: since this post appeared in 2006, there have been some promising new developments, e.g.: http://www.orkneydental.co.uk/orkney-dental-team/ . If you have any recent experiences with Orkney dentists, please leave your review in this thread!]