• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentists please tell me..

A

amandaisscared

If this seems like a good deal?

[broken link removed]

I'm 19 years old, have not been to a dentist in about 11 years, and need some serious dental work done.

I have a HUGE phobia of dentists, and now that I've finally gotten the nerve (no pun intended haha) to go, I have NO money..not even insurance.

So, this $99 special seems pretty reasonable...but I'm just worried about the money. If I do end up needing at least 2,000 dollars worth of work done, will they be able to take payments?!

I also need/want braces. Again, I have no insurance, so this will also add to the cost.

I'm looking for a dentist who understands my fear, and will do whatever they can to help me pay for my procedures easily! :(

Thanks for any help/advice!

hi there
the offer seems reasonable to me- but do look into what their treatment costs are so that you dont waste your time and money by going in 'blind'. call them before you commit and say you are worried about the total costs and ask if they have payment plans.
they essentially seem to have have packaged together a 'check up' very nicely, with some nice touches like the cd etc.
i would simply compare the offer to the cost this with the cost of a consultation, xrays and check up at other dental offices which seem to be able to offer what you need, as that essentially is all this is- most of what is included is fairly standard.
compared to uk private fees- put simply- yes it seems like a good price.
hope this helps
dr mike

Back