• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Denture adventure

BoxerMom

BoxerMom

Little less than two months to go to start the process of getting my permanent set done. I wish I could say that the time has just flown by, but it hasn’t lol. I have been able to switch to powder adhesive though, and highly recommend it. Seems to work so much better. Had a few moments of embarrassment browsing the denture section at Walmart but screw it, what do I care what people think. Just wish I could find a denture cleaner/soaking solution that doesn’t make me gag. Ugh. That stuff smells and tastes weird. Am able to eat toffee bars again!! (Broken in pieces, but hey I’ll take it)

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boxermom,

I'm not sure if this is proper as I never mentioned this to my dentist.. :p but. I used to let my partial soak in the mouthwash to be minty and fresh. yes, I would use the cleaner but then the mouthwash and it would have a more fresh taste. again not sure if this is good or not lol . I should ask.. (after years.).

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a few moments of embarrassment browsing the denture section at Walmart but screw it, what do I care what people think. Just wish I could find a denture cleaner/soaking solution that doesn’t make me gag. Ugh. That stuff smells and tastes weird. Am able to eat toffee bars again!! (Broken in pieces, but hey I’ll take it)
I am absolutely sure that people who do not wear dentures haven‘t thought for a minute that you might be looking for a product to use yourself. And people who might have the thought have dentures themselves so they don‘t find it strange.

I

Ilovemydentistreally

BoxerMom, I have only just read "Denture Adventure" now. (I don't know how I missed it?)
It's sounds like you have very readily come to terms with these things. That is very sad about the pricing of implants though.
I am happy that you're enjoying toffee again. What an exciting prospect.. I prefer to sook toffees now, but only because I didn't have stable enough teeth to chew the stuff! Now I am adding it to my todo list (or my "tochew list!)
Well done all the way. :) A very comforting story. Thanks.

BoxerMom

BoxerMom

BoxerMom, I have only just read "Denture Adventure" now. (I don't know how I missed it?)
It's sounds like you have very readily come to terms with these things. That is very sad about the pricing of implants though.
I am happy that you're enjoying toffee again. What an exciting prospect.. I prefer to sook toffees now, but only because I didn't have stable enough teeth to chew the stuff! Now I am adding it to my todo list (or my "tochew list!)
Well done all the way. :) A very comforting story. Thanks.
Thank you! Yes I’ve come to terms with it because my reality before was very unpleasant and all that I’ve been through since August does not compare to the pain and suffering before I got my dentures. As for the toffee, I just gotta make sure they’re glued down tight and go for it! But sandwiches are still a no go as I just don’t have the ability to really bite in the front.