• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Denture Fixative Methods...

I

Ian Haines

Does anybody know what kind of fixative methods there are, in the UK, other than adhesive pads/substances? I've heard of suction features on future dental plates, to enhance the available suction use of the plates already in use against the roof/floor of the mouth. It sounds like a great step forward and a lot of people would be glad, here in the UK, for such a feature.

This is what I read about suction dentures a few years ago. "The suction cups damage the tissue underneath overtime and cause excessive tissue growth (hyperplasia) that can become precancerous."

This is what I read about suction dentures a few years ago. "The suction cups damage the tissue underneath overtime and cause excessive tissue growth (hyperplasia) that can become precancerous."

Well, that's the end of that. What methods are available that don't involve adhesive strips or adhesive substances?

Back