• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

denture question

T

TINA LOUISE

hello, I am going in next month for a full mouth extraction. I had a stroke three years ago and have left sided weakness(I do everything with my right hand). My question is: Will I be able to care for my dentures and put them in with my right hand? Thank you for any instruction you can give me. Tina Louise

I have dentures, and have always put them in with just one hand (my right). Not even once, have I used my left, even though it works just fine.

Thank you so much. That is a huge relief. One less thing for me to have nightmares about. have a great day. TinaLouise

Sorry to hear Tina Louise that you have to go through such a major dental procedure, following your stroke. You have come to the right place for help and support. I don't visit here very often, but I'm always amazed at people's courage and determination to see things through and how many people are here with good, supportive advice.

The very best to you, I hope it all goes well.

Back