• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

did it!!! got my uppers

J

jade66

after some ativan and a lot of support form this board and my son and friends i got my upper denture..5 teeth pulled>>>very sore but really pretty teeth...tonight will be the first time i take them out on mhy own to clean them...i am terrifeid i willnot be able to do it!! the dentist was real god about showing me but i am scared>>>but it has to be done !!!

Hey Jade -

Congrats on the new smile!!!

Once you get used to getting them in and out, you'll pop 'em out with ease, but the first few times can be "unsettling"?!?!?!
The salt water rinses you do will make your mouth feel much better, and cleaning your denture will too! I know mine stunk like NASTINESS the first few times I took it out (lots a healing going on underneath that denture!), but one of the first things I noticed after about the 3rd or 4th day was that I no longer had bad breath!! My breath used to be horrible prior to my extractions, but it is now 2 months since I had my extractions and immediate denture done, and even with smoking, STILL no bad breath!! YAY!!

Hope all goes well for you tonight getting them out (I used a washcloth on the sink cuz I was afraid of dropping them at first), please keep us informed on your progress . . . and if you have any questions, just ask - there are a few of use that have just recently been through this . ..

Thank you i need all the help i can get..got them out last nite and back in this am!!!! good to know i can now rinse them after i eat!!!!!!

as i amlooking at the denture today...the teeth appear to be too small now i am very upset!!!

Jade -

When I look at my denture itself, my teeth look small too. But when the denture is in my mouth, the teeth look fine.

Are you talking about them looking small in or out of your mouth?

My denture will get a hard reline after 6 months. I asked my dentist about what that meant when I saw her last. I have heard several different variations - - That they remove the teeth from your current denture, and make a new denture after a new impression, with the old teeth. I've heard of people that get a whole new denture. Mine will be my current denture, with an impression done in the denture itself of my healed gums, which the denturist will add acrylic to to make it fit better.

I have insurance, so I will see about getting a brand new denture in a year or so, IF I don't like how my hard reline fits.

Remember, the immediate denture MAY not be your final denture. I'd call or make an appointment and talk with your dentist about it.

small in my mouth..but i have a small mouth, my other teeth only 5 of them ,looked big because the gums had receded so bad they looked longer. i get a reline wed..these are the real dentures. now that the swelling is gone they look ok...i just compare them to the stars on tv who have big extra over white teeth...but those are usually implants or veneers,,,cannt aford that!!+ iam no movie star by a long shot!!!!!

day 4 and i still cannot eat anything but soft food..if i try my upper denture breaks the suction and falls out!!!! no eating out ever for me..i do have to get a reline this week will that help help iam hungry

Yes, I reline should improve the suction immensely! It will only be temporary, but it will terrific while it lasts. I didn't get a reline (just a lot of adjustments) until about the 4 week mark.

When I had my soft reline done, the suction was so good it was hard to get the denture out for almost two weeks!!

I can get one more soft reline before I get my hard reline at 6 months. They are getting a bit sloppy now, and I've had my current soft reline for about 1 month now. I'm going to try to wait another few weeks before I ask for it though, so I'll have more healing done on my gums,a nd hopefully it'll last good until my hard reline!!

Good luck with yours, let me know how it feels.

after some ativan and a lot of support form this board and my son and friends i got my upper denture..5 teeth pulled>>>very sore but really pretty teeth...tonight will be the first time i take them out on mhy own to clean them...i am terrifeid i willnot be able to do it!! the dentist was real god about showing me but i am scared>>>but it has to be done !!!
congrats welcome to the upper denture club.

Back