• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

did it...wisdom tooth removal with iv sedatation

M

merlin82

I am writing this the morning after having my top right wisdom tooth removed with sedation. It was ok, not the most amazing experience of my life but manageable which is certainly a miracle for a dental/needle/hospital phobic!
When i arrived i was given 30mg of temazepam to help calm me down 30 mins before appointment, this worked really well. I was then shown through to the room, it is all a bit hazy but i shall try and remember. They inserted a small butterfly needle into the back of my hand, i remember being really anxious and teaful at this point but i dont remember it hurtin. They then gave me my first dose of midazelam, the next thing i recall is the injection in my mouth which was uncomfortable i'm afraid. I dont remember much after that. The dentist left the room for about 10 mins and apparently i was very calm and just chatting away to the dental nurse about rubbish!! (my mum was with me the whole time) Apparently when the dentist came back in the room i told him i wanted more medazelam as i had felt the injections, so i got another dose! i d remember something about them taking my tooth out but vaguely! just a bit of pushing. The procedure took seconds where as the actual procedure for the sedation took a lot longer. I was then taken to a recovery bed, which i dont remember at all. Once home i slept it off all day!! It is ok today, there is a little pain from the injection site but the actual wound is fine.
So there you go, i did it!! now for a crown and i am all done

CONGRATULATIONS :jump: :jump: :jump: I just love these little jumpy things.

So pleased for you that it went so well. It's nice to read these success stories. :)

That's wonderful to hear. My experience was very similar to yours except I got Valium instead of temazepam. I'm glad your experience went well.:jump::XXLhug:

Back