• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Did my filling fell out?

E

E93

I had a filling today, and now I've become paranoid that it might have fell off. The teeth on the side where i had the filling feels slightly different and... "shallower" than on the other side... like more separated from the other tooth, as if there's a hole on it.

There is a high chance that i'm just being extremely paranoid. I am sort of sure that I have noticed this shape difference already in the past.

But just to be sure, I managed to get a couple of good images of it, does it look like something fell off? Or is everything allright?

the photos ended up being a lot more blurry than I thought... but if a filling fell off it would be very evident right?

Also, more than shallower "steeper" might be a better word for how it feels on the tongue... it's probably nothing but i'm obsessing, but also don't want to make a dentist appointment for nothing, as my dentist is like 2 hours away...

Hard to tell from the photos but I can’t see anything obviously missing.

Tongues are massively sensitive and the filling just being very slightly different to before will feel weird. Give it a few days and I’ll bet it’s back to feeling normal :)

Back