• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Do I have an unsafe nerve link on my right wisdom tooth?

U

ukw

(Feel free to enlarge as appropriate)

This is a panoramic of my teeth. It seems that on the left side, the nerve canal runs below the bottom-left wisdom tooth, and I do see some space; but on the right side, the bottom-right wisdom tooth seems to pinch the nerve canal, or descend onto it. I'm not a professional and it just seems to me there's no separation on the right side, although that right side isn't as clear as the left (and also seems to be bigger). Is my suspicion correct?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi ukw, not a dentist, but x-rays can't really tell you what the relationship between the roots and the nerve really are, as it is only a 2D view. It could be, that the roots are around the nerve and do not touch them, it could be that the nerve is behind the roots etc, it could be that they touch. If a dentist needs to know it exactly, then there are other scans that can be done as far as I know.
Why are you asking?

U

ukw

I'm asking because I was told to remove my wisdom teeth. But no one actually bothered to see if there was a potential nerve risk. Judging by this image there could well be on the right side.