• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Do I need to have extractions

J

JoMaLa

I am 83 years old and the sole carer for my husband who has mild dementia. I have been to the same dental practice for 50 years although it has changed hands several times
My dentist wants to remove several roots of teeth that have either been crowned or broken in the years. I am not having any trouble from these roots
I am concerned that as I take blood thinners will bleed easily and should I have any complications there will be no one to care for me and I could not leave my husband to go for treatment.
My family who lives by miles away tell me to leave well alone and if I have no trouble don't worry, but the dentist continually nags me every time I go, and I am due to go today!

Hi if you don't feel comfortable having the extractions then don't. Unless there is some medical reason why you need this then I would leave things alone. The dentist should tell you his/her reasons for wanting to do this and should listen to your concerns in return.

It is your choice what you do about this, you don't have to do as the dentist has advised. :butterfly:

Back