• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Do you ever wonder....

T

TerrifiedWelshie

.. Do you ever wonder what you're life would be like if you never had an issue with your teeth or smile?

It's crazy to think how something like this can have such a negative impact on someone's overall quality of life, but I know in my case, I've lost countless opportunities to pursue did things because I was too ashamed of how my teeth look etc.

It's also crazy to think that people that have always had great teeth and smiles will never understand how depressing it can be.

I hope one day we can all smile with pride!

Yes would make me feel much better. I feel like I get judge about teeth when I go for job interviews.

.. Do you ever wonder what you're life would be like if you never had an issue with your teeth or smile?

It's crazy to think how something like this can have such a negative impact on someone's overall quality of life, but I know in my case, I've lost countless opportunities to pursue did things because I was too ashamed of how my teeth look etc.

It's also crazy to think that people that have always had great teeth and smiles will never understand how depressing it can be.

I hope one day we can all smile with pride!

I totally thought I was the only one that felt like this. I feel having bad teeth is a huge part of my life. So self conscious all the time if I’m taking pictures Or talking to anyone. It’s true.. people with good teeth probably are so far removed from these issues it’s not even a thought. Thanks for posting.

I often do wonder what it would be like. I'm pretty much a failure in life and have very little of anything. I tend to work solo away from people and do night shifts a lot and don't really have much of a social life. My teeth aren't the only thing wrong with me but whenever I work somewhere with lots of normal folks and I see how nice their teeth are and how awful mine are it almost makes me feel suicidal to be honest. My teeth have been bent and disgusting since I was 12 and I watched everyone else get theirs fixed and pretty soon I was the only one. I used to dread going for months only to be told "we'll see in a few months. We can't do anything ATM" and then I gave up and started neglecting them. The rest is history.

I have tried not to think about my teeth for years and when I do it makes me miserable.

A lot of people don't realise how fortunate they are.

I've had depression and anxiety most of my adult life and I've realise this is in large part due to my teeth. :(

Life would have been so different if I had had good teeth. My dental issues seem to consume everything I do and every moment thinking and worrying about them.

Back