Do you : Go it alone or take along supportive company ?

Do you: Go it along or take supportive company ?

• I need and want to be alone.

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • I always take a supportive friend or family member.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Both - It depends what it taking place at the appointment.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I would like to take someone as support, but don't know anyone suitable.

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
thedogdemon

thedogdemon

Parents and sister are supportive, but my dad takes me and we have to bring our puppy with us otherwise we come home to a mess. :O

I usually go in and face it alone.

R

ruru

I can't go alone at all. I had to when I was at university and I think that's when the fear of dentists came back (my mother was always so unhelpful when I was distressed as a child). If my partner can't come with me, I can't go which isn't ideal as I'm sure he's beyond fed up by now. I feel like such a burden, and so stupid for how scared I get.

J

Joeb

Always take someone with me because as a person who is not good at sticking up for my self really and I’ll just accept what ever they say... with a family member there I feel confident in telling them how I feel

T

tazey

There's no way I'd go on my own,I only have 1 person willing to come each time but still feel like I'm on my own.

Judythecat

Judythecat

Always on my own. When I had to get a tooth out a couple of years ago my partner and my mum both offered to come, but I would rather be by myself. My partner did come to the endodontist consultation when I needed a complicated molar RC, but he waited in the waiting room, and it was partly because I wasn’t really sure where I was going (different surgery).

D

Dawn65

I really can't cope on my own. The fear overtakes to the extent that I can't hear what's said to me or express myself at all and I often don't remember much afterward. The rational brain shuts down - in order to block everything out, I think. It just sort of leaves the room. My husband has to go with me.