• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

do you know of any good speical needs dentists in Michigan

M

mikie1022

do you know of any good special needs dentists in Michigan i have autism, adhd, antixy issuses i used too get gas or sedation i was strapped down as a kid too on a papoose board im going too dentist april 11 but if i dont like that dentist do you know any other good dentists im ok with gas or sedation or even a papoose board only if needed any help

I don't know any in Michigan since i don't live there . Honestly I would call to a dentist office and kinda explain your situation most decent and caring dentist only want to help people not making the situation worst.
Im sure there are a lot of other people in your shoes felling the same way. Clients have to fill out medical forums before going in because if something where to happen to somebody at least they know somewhat how to treat that problem, just like a car mechanic that cant let you drive later only for something major to happen big liability

Dr. Lawrence Palmer uses sedation and treats a lot of people with special needs. He's in Rochester Hills: http://www.michigansedation.com/

I actually went to him years ago when I thought I needed a root canal but it turned out it was just a crown that was needed. He used general anesthesia, so I was totally out but if I went back, I'd probably go with IV sedation.

Hope this helps!

do you know of any good special needs dentists in Michigan i have autism, adhd, antixy issuses i used too get gas or sedation i was strapped down as a kid too on a papoose board im going too dentist april 11 but if i dont like that dentist do you know any other good dentists im ok with gas or sedation or even a papoose board only if needed any help

Pediatric dentists are an excellent referral source for the person you need. Call their office and ask.

Back