• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it ymmv

G

gamergirl123

Former Member
does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it ymmv

Mid may I had my lower extractions done. Fast forward to about the second or third of this month and I noticed had a tooth chip appear but I am not sure how long its been there. It is still stuck pretty firmly in place and if try to wiggle/pry it loose, its not budging and hurts a bit.

I don't know how long it should take to finally work is way out. I know that I did have a few tiny chips during healing but I never tracked the time it took for the chips to come out./

Mom is saying it's possibly one of those "its so big that the dentist will need to numb you to pull it" chips. I REALLY hope that's not the case since if I'm refusing to go in for partial adjustments and undecided on the 6 month thing, what do you really think the odds of me going in for a dechiping is?

Re: does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it

Mid may I had my lower extractions done. Fast forward to about the second or third of this month and I noticed had a tooth chip appear but I am not sure how long its been there. It is still stuck pretty firmly in place and if try to wiggle/pry it loose, its not budging and hurts a bit.

I don't know how long it should take to finally work is way out. I know that I did have a few tiny chips during healing but I never tracked the time it took for the chips to come out./

Mom is saying it's possibly one of those "its so big that the dentist will need to numb you to pull it" chips. I REALLY hope that's not the case since if I'm refusing to go in for partial adjustments and undecided on the 6 month thing, what do you really think the odds of me going in for a dechiping is?

Went in today. Tooth chip was just a tiny little tiny, only a few drops of blood after he pulled it.

Back