• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it ymmv

G

gamergirl123

Former Member
does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it ymmv

Mid may I had my lower extractions done. Fast forward to about the second or third of this month and I noticed had a tooth chip appear but I am not sure how long its been there. It is still stuck pretty firmly in place and if try to wiggle/pry it loose, its not budging and hurts a bit.

I don't know how long it should take to finally work is way out. I know that I did have a few tiny chips during healing but I never tracked the time it took for the chips to come out./

Mom is saying it's possibly one of those "its so big that the dentist will need to numb you to pull it" chips. I REALLY hope that's not the case since if I'm refusing to go in for partial adjustments and undecided on the 6 month thing, what do you really think the odds of me going in for a dechiping is?

G

gamergirl123

Former Member
Re: does anyone know about how long it should take a tooth chip to work its way out of gums r is it

Mid may I had my lower extractions done. Fast forward to about the second or third of this month and I noticed had a tooth chip appear but I am not sure how long its been there. It is still stuck pretty firmly in place and if try to wiggle/pry it loose, its not budging and hurts a bit.

I don't know how long it should take to finally work is way out. I know that I did have a few tiny chips during healing but I never tracked the time it took for the chips to come out./

Mom is saying it's possibly one of those "its so big that the dentist will need to numb you to pull it" chips. I REALLY hope that's not the case since if I'm refusing to go in for partial adjustments and undecided on the 6 month thing, what do you really think the odds of me going in for a dechiping is?

Went in today. Tooth chip was just a tiny little tiny, only a few drops of blood after he pulled it.