• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does fillings in every tooth mean that I’m destined for dentures

D

depressedbunny

If this is the case then I feel like I should give up and that my life is not worth living. I take good care of my teeth and the only reason I have fillings is from mistakes I made as a child— and even as a child I still brushed my teeth (even though I could’ve brushed better and should’ve avoided sugar). I also think some of my fillings were unnecessary and just extra money that the dentist wanted to make off me (I was naive and didn’t get a second opinion even though there were lots of red flags). I can’t believe mistakes from such a young age will cause me to possibly have fake teeth. I’m depressed and don’t want to live anymore.

Last edited:
NO.

Depression is not to be ignored though, get professional help.

If lots of fillings equated to dentures, you’d see a lot of dentists out of business. ?
I’m not sure where you’re getting that information, but fillings do not equate to a future need for dentures. I do hope that you will seek out a therapist for your sadness/anxiety/depression, as that’s no way to live. All of the dental problems that you speak of are fixable. I promise you. We all made mistakes in our youth- many of us were not focused nearly enough on good dental hygiene & received plenty of fillings as a result. I’m 46 now, plenty of fillings & ALL OF MY OWN TEETH. Again, teeth are fixable! Depression is also fixable. Big hugs to you. I hope you can get the help that you deserve. We are here for you. ❤️

Back