• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does my front incisor have 2 roots canal systems?

B

Badchi

Hi All,

Please could you all give me your opinion if there could be a second root canal system in my root canal treated teeth?

Please look at the root morphology of the of tooth with the RCT and see you think there could be a possible second canal?

This tooth was apicoectomy 25 years ago and Root Canal Treated 5 years ago and been playing up lately.

Thanks

Badchi

Attachments

• LL1.JPG
    LL1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
hi
i can't see a second canal.
it could be that the root canal filling is leaking? certainly it seems as if you can see a bit of a gap between the gp (rubber point) and the canal. this may allow bugs back into the canal.
the success rate of re-root treating is always lower than when it is first done.
it would probably be an idea to have a dentist look at this and chat with you in person about the pros and cons of attempting another re-root treatment on this tooth.
hope this helps
dr mike

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks for your comments.

Basically, I have been experiencing tingling / pressure / throbing / numb (sometimes gets very intense like pins and needles) in the inner gum below the teeth where it covers the root - See attached picture which I have marked with an X in mirror.

It started about 4 months ago on the darker RCT tooth then later the symptoms moved to under the silver maryland tooth. So now 90% of the time the pain is under the sliver tooth and 10% of time its both. Not sure why the pain has travelled?

This all started when I 1st experice tingling in the RCT tooth 4 months ago (I think maybe due to a change of mouth wash - or may be just coincidental). Even the gum was not red the Dentist sugguested I Corsodyl mouthwash incase of gum infection. After a period of 2 weeks on and off using it I stopped as the the extreme intense buring / tingling in my mouth cause by this mouthwash was unbearable and even gave me face pain. After I stop using it these 2 teeth continued with simular sensations (marked in the attached picture X where the pain is coming from in the mirror).

I am not sure if it is nerve damage, RCT tooth causing the problem or there is problem with the bridge or even some form of burning mouth symdrome.

Seen over 5 dentist and going to see number 6 in 2 weeks time - still looking for answer as I can't live with a tingling / pins and needles in my mouth :( (but the strange thing is, is when I chew or eat I don't feel the pain)....

I think worst case is to pull the RCT and the Maryland and get implants but not sure if there is enough bone or will it fix the problem?

Any idea's

Thanks

Badchi

Attachments

• LL1v3.jpg
    LL1v3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Just to update you all incase you can think of anything...

Today I manage to find temporary relief by biting on a small piece of soft rubber on across those 2 teeth. However, as soon as I stop biting on them the symptons (mixture of tingling / presure / aches / pins and needles..etc) appear within a few seconds. So this can give me temporary relief now but the only problem is, is after a while my jaw / tmj joints get sore....

So now my only relief from my symptoms are eating and biting on soft rubber ???? Please let me know if you can think of type of dentist or Dr I should be seeking? :confused:

Meanwhile, I am have a appointment with a TMJ dentist in 2 weeks...

Attachments

• Bite.jpg
    Bite.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi All,

I am going to see my dentist later this week to look at getting a denture and removing the Maryland bridge to trouble shoot this problem. Just in case there is something going on between the bridge tooth and the false tooth. I find if I poke a tooth pick between the Mayland tooth and the false tooth about 5mm up its sensitive sore also while cleaning it with a waterpik it started bleeding the otherday. Still not sure why if I put pressure on it e.g. bite on a piece of rubber the pain subsides?

Thanks

Badchi

Back