• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does this look normal? 5 year olds teeth

M

MumOfBoys1985

As I said on another thread, my 5 year old has an adult tooth growing slightly behind his baby front one so its just taking a little longer for it to fall out. His two middle front bottom ones are sticking forward a bit now presumably because the adult ones are coming through.

Anyway, I noticed tonight his gum is looking very slightly white, is it likely to be the other adult tooth growing? Its gone from not being wobbly to being quite wobbly in a day or so. Its probably absolutely normal but I'm not sure?

He is a grinder, really really badly!

Attachments

• 20210115_221611.jpg
    20210115_221611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
It's fine, that's the next one coming in. Pretty early for a 5 year old boy, but nothing odd about that, the books all say that eruption dates are +/- 18 months!
My mother would have whipped out those wobbly teeth immediately if I'd been daft enough to tell her!

They nearly all grind in the mixed dentition stage, which he's just entered, but they normally grow out of it.

Thanks Gordon. He never does it by the book - nor does his brother haha. My eldest got his teeth very early, he had a mouthful of teeth by 9 months, youngest took a bit longer than that but I know the earlier they get their teeth the sooner they're likely to lose them.

It all happened quite quickly because he complained one day of having a toothache and when I looked his molars were erupting (right side are mostly through, just a bit of flappy looking gum there but left side are taking their time), then I thought his bottom front two looked a bit odd, the gaps either side looked bigger and they looked to be pointing a bit out/together. I was concerned it was to do with grinding but I checked again after a couple of days and there was a tooth right there.

He's planning what he's going to get with his toothfairy money, I think he thinks his tooth fairy is a millionaire ?

He wont let anyone give them a yank, his 7 year old brother offered to kick him in the teeth to knock them out in payback as he did it to him (accidentally) when he had a wobbly one, but for some reason he declined, cant think why!!

Thank you, as always. I was a bit worried incase it might have been the start of an infection but I'm relieved to know its not.

Back