• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does this sound like Bruxism? Bite Adjustment?

• Thread starter soscaredbackagain
  • Start date
soscaredbackagain

soscaredbackagain

I have a tooth which is waiting for a filling. I've never had any major problems with it before other than occasional sensitivity to sweet foods. The entire tooth looks like its covered in a silver filling on the inside. Since its sensitive to sweet things i've been told this is most likely a leaky filling.

I've had a really rough week and I do clench my jaw/teeth when I am upset/stressed etc and I've noticed myself doing it more. I'm not sure if this has caused this funny feeling in my mouth or not.

I've had a temporary filling put in after root canal on my lower molar about 2 and a half- 3 weeks ago. The premolar meets the edge of that filling on my lower jaw and so I thought that maybe it could be my bite "readjusting." Before the filling - there was a very large hole in that molar.

It doesn't hurt. It doesn't ache. It feels a little tingly, like i've been grinding my teeth excessively and the bottom of the tooth feels a little rough. When I bite, the tooth feels a bit off and strange but its not sensitive or anything. Its just a strange feeling that is very hard to explain.

I am going to the dentist tomorrow anyway - but I just wanted to know what to expect. I'm going through some real financial difficulties right now and I need to know how much to set aside.

Can anyone help?

It's probably the temp filling.

Why is it a temp filling by the way? I've only had those when I have a root treatment. They do feel weird, but once the permanent filling is in there you should be fine.

Back