• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Does this warrant gum grafting?

J

jatay1985

I was wondering if in the bottom front, is there a need for gum grafting? Also, do the gums seem to healing normally? (I had a deep cleaning on the right Tuesday)

Attachments

• Snapchat-1234355146.jpg
    Snapchat-1234355146.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 62
Here is another picture

Attachments

• Snapchat-1619414876.jpg
    Snapchat-1619414876.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 59
If you were my patient I would first put you through a year of regular care after the root planning to see how the inflammation settles down. nothing urgent for sure about that tissue grafting in that spot

If you were my patient I would first put you through a year of regular care after the root planning to see how the inflammation settles down. nothing urgent for sure about that tissue grafting in that spot

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Can I live a normal life with this disease? Its really gotten me down

Thank you! That makes me feel better. Can I live a normal life with this disease? Its really gotten me down

Of course you can live a normal life! Lots of people have periodontal disease, myself included, and there are so many treatments available for it now. You're teeth are really looking great after the cleaning and your gums seem to be healing well too. Just try to remember that there is more to you than just teeth! I know it's easy to forget that when you're lacking self confidence. Think about where you were before starting this journey and where you are now. We are all just a work in progress :)

Of course you can live a normal life! Lots of people have periodontal disease, myself included, and there are so many treatments available for it now. You're teeth are really looking great after the cleaning and your gums seem to be healing well too. Just try to remember that there is more to you than just teeth! I know it's easy to forget that when you're lacking self confidence. Think about where you were before starting this journey and where you are now. We are all just a work in progress :)

You've been a life saver since i found out! Thank you so much! For absolutely everything!

Back