• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Don't know how much more I can cope with

C

Caramelteach

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I had to have a top right molar tooth extracted yesterday, which was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. I have a severe panic disorder, generalised anxiety and agoraphobia, so getting anywhere, let alone the dentist is a nightmare.

Anyway, you can imagine the relief I felt after actually managing to somehow get through it all yesterday.

However, that has now all been turned on its head because I am now getting twinges in a tooth on the opposite side that had a deep filling in it a few months ago.

I am now back in total panic meltdown over it and I just can't take anymore. I feel like I just want to go to sleep and never wake up.

You are preaching the choir with the stress level. I am supposed to have mine done but have chickened more and more and then life happens over and over.

But one thing I remember when I had a very deep filling in did cause some major twitching after having a teeth cleaning. My dentist told me it was the tight muscle holding that I did before coming in. Sometimes having any procedures, we clinch our teeth and do not know about it. This is what happened to me. You might want to wait and see when or if a dentist responded, but I am thinking that may be some of your issues. I hope you are feeling better because you are giving me hope. Take care!!!

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I had to have a top right molar tooth extracted yesterday, which was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. I have a severe panic disorder, generalised anxiety and agoraphobia, so getting anywhere, let alone the dentist is a nightmare.

Anyway, you can imagine the relief I felt after actually managing to somehow get through it all yesterday.

However, that has now all been turned on its head because I am now getting twinges in a tooth on the opposite side that had a deep filling in it a few months ago.

I am now back in total panic meltdown over it and I just can't take anymore. I feel like I just want to go to sleep and never wake up.

Thanks Hartsada,

Maybe you're right.:XXLhug: It just feels like it's one thing after another! I'm glad I'm giving someone hope - if I can get through an extraction with all my horrendous issues, then believe me, anyone can. :)

Hello caramelteach,
I also know what you mean when you say if it isn't one thing it's another. I get one tooth fixed then another needs work..It has been like that most of my adult life..Sometimes when you get a tooth pulled other teeth ache for a while..Or it may need to be re-done..I just had two teeth redone 3 weeks ago_Or like Hartsada said it could be clenching...Did the dentist take whole mouth xrays? Maybe call him/her and discuss it with them and see if the tooth looks okay on xrays...

Back