• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dont like how the crown look, is it common to request the looks and position?

F

FreshCool

My two front crown tooth look alot bigger than my original and it is like sticking out too much. I would say the temporary crown look so much like my original tooth positioning/apearence than the permanent crown.

Is it common for a patient to request the position and the look of the crown? This is minor issue but everytime I look at the mirror I feel awkard like a cartoon character with big jack rabit tooth sticking out. I'm not shy about it and I dont care what people or women think of my tooth haha but I'm just curious if it is common for a patient to request for the crown to look better? do they charge money to choose crown and positioning?

Another question, If a crown comes out.... do we pay fee for the dentist to re-crown? the same dentist that puts on the crown. Do they charge money or free?

A crown should look like it belongs in your mouth. It might not be exact but should be close. The number one reason a crown is overbulked or too big is lack of adequate reduction.

Back