• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dream Dentist

L

lunar05

hi everyone, i'm starting to get addicted to this forum it's got everything i need to keep me on track on finding a "Dream Dentist" as i call them. I been reading everyones success stories and am overly jealous of you guys, wish i could find a dentist like that.... I have an Insurance Card that i called recently today and the representative quoted that i can have any DENTIST i want have surgery, x-rays, cleaning, anything that i need but let me define my Dream Dentist ok here goes...... a dream dentist is a dentist that lets you 1. watch movies while having treatment 2. lets you take a walkman, ipod, etc. 3. you have any issues, he/she wants to know about it and fix it 4. stops when you want to stop 5. respects your phobia 6. puts you threw absolutly no pain what so ever. 7. has all new technology ultra sonic scaler, GA sedation local sedation 8. has courteous staff that respects your wishes. now that is what i call a dream dentist. a dentist who is your friend and wants you in the best possible care. i am currently hunting on down here in my home town but have had no luck so far. Wish me luck guys on finding the dream dentist.

Sounds like a great list (could be expensive  :p)....many of us settle for far less than that....for me the 3 most important things are:
good chairside manner - so I feel at ease
painless treatment
competent work.

If you could get these three plus the US Dental Spa distraction approach which is kind of what you are describing...that would indeed be very satisfactory  :cloud9:.

Where do you live?

I'm British (hence Brit) but currently live in another EU country.......why do you ask?....definitely no dental spas here...I've looked.... I have now found practitioners I like and trust for the whole family after a bumpy start....which was so bumpy it got me on this board and I sort of got addicted.

Last edited:
Whoops, I'm sorry, Brit. For one, I thought you might be English/Irish/Scot but also thought your name was short for Brittany, perhaps. I was wondering where lunar05 lived as there is an awesome dentist in the American South.

That's fine....I expect Marge Simpson is what gave the impression I might be American.....maybe I should change the avatar (I only put it on recently as the others had all got one!)

Back