• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Drinking Before Surgery

B

blugirlami21

I have an appt to get my wisdom teeth extracted at eight am. I was very good and didn't eat anything after midnight as I was told until I got the sudden urge to drink cocoa around three am. I took a couple of sips before I remembered I wasn't supposed to have anything to eat or drink. What should I do? Should I ask to have the surgery postponed? My mom doesn't think it's a big deal but I'm not so sure. Can I vomit and get the cocoa out that way?

I had a really bad episode with one of the teeth earlier today and I really want them out.

If it was just a sip or 2 then that will probably be ok. I was allowed to take my anti-anxiety pills with a sip or 2 of water the morning of my extraction. You should tell your dentist though so they know.

If it was just a sip or 2 then that will probably be ok. I was allowed to take my anti-anxiety pills with a sip or 2 of water the morning of my extraction. You should tell your dentist though so they know.
I second every word.

I actually vomited it back up and luckily that's all that came up. I didn't mention it to my dentist and luckily I came out fine. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate the responses.

Back