• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dry socket??? In pain, waking me in the night. Help!

W

Wach

I had my lower left wisdom tooth and adjacent molar removed last Saturday.
Yesterday on Friday just when I thought the pain was becoming more manageable the pain got worse. It's not horrific like an abscess but it's still painful. I noticed a very strangely positioned hole in my gum (almost felt like a pouch in my cheek) I'm going to assume that this is from the impacted tooth. And ear ache has come on worse than I've experienced in years.
I've also had a disgusting taste coming from that side of the mouth pretty much since the extraction.
What is the likelihood that is is dry socket? And I still physically can't open my jaw very wide. what can I do?

Edit
I dared to have a feel with my tongue this morning and the pain is in my cheek where the "pouch" is and not where the teeth wear, I find this a little concerns. I've moved back onto my prescribed pain killers because it's a constant pain.

Last edited:
carole

carole

Forum Buddy
It could be a bit of infection. Go back and see the dentist as soon as you can and let them have a look. :butterfly: