• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dull ache around where wisdom tooth was extracted

C

CDoG

Hi, I had my lower wisdom tooth extracted about a year 1/2 ago. It was a very simple extraction. I did have an infection around the tooth though. The last week or so, I've been getting a dull ache occasionally around the same area. It seems to be getting worse. I was able to get Penicillin and have taken it the last 6 days. Doesn't seem to be clearing anything up. It doesn't feel like it has anything to do with any of my other back teeth. I don't have any sensitivity to cold/heat or sweets. I'll admit, I really, really don't like going to dentists! I had an amazing one the last 5 or so years but he has now retired. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm not a dentist. Just thought I should put that out there before I comment. I have a guess though. When I was at the dentist the other day he told me that after you have a tooth extracted your jaw changes shape. I wonder if that has anything to do with your pain. It's probably a long shot though.

Hope you get it all figured out soon :)

carrie

Who knows, could be! The discomfort has gotten worse today though. I'm going to make an appointment with a dentist on Tuesday. Hopefully it's something simple. BTW, total long shot, but you aren't a dental assistant who worked for Dr. Schadt are you? :)

Hi, I'm not a dentist. Just thought I should put that out there before I comment. I have a guess though. When I was at the dentist the other day he told me that after you have a tooth extracted your jaw changes shape. I wonder if that has anything to do with your pain. It's probably a long shot though.

Hope you get it all figured out soon :)

carrie

Nah, just a dentalphob that askes a lot of questions. After you see the dentist, if you get a chance, can you post what it is causing your pain? It would be interesting to find out what it is.

Carrie

Last edited:
Back