• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Duraphat toothpaste and water flosser

S

Samereynolds

I’ve been using prescribed high fluoride toothpaste but what I forgot to ask my dentist is can I eat straight after brushing my teeth? Or should I be waiting at least 30 minutes?

My dentist recommended that I should buy a water flossing and I’ve been using it before I brush my teeth at night. Is it okay to use on a soft setting after I eat to help rinse off excess food/sugar? Or would that do more harm to my gums and teeth?

sorry for all the questions. I’m just trying to put my mind at rest knowing that my dental hygiene routine is correct

Wait 30 minutes is the usual advice. It's always best to brush last thing at night anyway, so the fluoride has the chance to work undisturbed while you sleep.
Morning time I usually have breakfast then brush after 30 mins.

The water floss thing won't do any damage, use it whenever you want. Just not after brushing because you'll wash off all the Fluoride :)

Back