• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Eating issues

T

tazey

Anyone else have to swallow their food whole? due to their dental issues.

Catie McBain

Catie McBain

My mother did, because she was missing so many of her teeth that she couldn't eat properly. And she lived like this for a good ten years at least. Probably longer. Though I'll never know why she chose to do nothing about it.

As for me, I'm trying to retrain myself to chew on the left side again. I've been favoring my right side for months, because I'm afraid of getting food stuck in this hole that was left behind when my wisdom tooth broke off. Not the same, I know. But it certainly isn't pleasant. 😕

M

MountainMama

Not anymore, but I did have to avoid chewing for almost a year. Now I tend to stick to soft foods but do chew softer stuff like pasta. I avoid anything crunchy or hard, or tough.

T

tazey

It's so difficult, I know I've been doing it for so long now but it can't be doing my stomach any good. 😕