• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

You’re right I have to find the good in my situation. The blue sky is always there, even if we feel like we’re in the middle of a storm. Sending good vibes that you get a more clear picture of your path back to dental peace.

There's just no hope anymore my January appointment got cancelled because my lift was on call 24/7 to go to a+e. It got moved to feb (Last wk) but my lift bare faced lied to me about being around someone who should have been isolating,I now cant trust that person if they can lie about something so important+nearly put others at risk. What am I supposed to do? I'm still coughing/gagging through every meal it's such a struggle,much as I'd like to give up I also can't stay like this. ? p.s lockdown also sucks it's so lonely.

You're in a very lonely place at the moment and I really feel for you. Lockdown has turned everything we take for granted upside down and the toll on people's mental health is immeasurable. I've got nothing practical to offer you in how to deal with this setback, but one day you'll look back at this point in time and be grateful it's over.

There's just no hope anymore my January appointment got cancelled because my lift was on call 24/7 to go to a+e. It got moved to feb (Last wk) but my lift bare faced lied to me about being around someone who should have been isolating,I now cant trust that person if they can lie about something so important+nearly put others at risk. What am I supposed to do? I'm still coughing/gagging through every meal it's such a struggle,much as I'd like to give up I also can't stay like this. ? p.s lockdown also sucks it's so lonely.
There is ALWAYS hope tazey, please dont give up on that. You are an amazing person who is very loved. The lockdowns definitely are very hard. But im sure better days are coming, hang in there my friend and always remember you have friends here ??

There is ALWAYS hope tazey, please dont give up on that. You are an amazing person who is very loved. The lockdowns definitely are very hard. But im sure better days are coming, hang in there my friend and always remember you have friends here ??
Thanks yeah I know there's people to chat to on here but in reality I don't have anyone I can rely on,even when restrictions end.

You're in a very lonely place at the moment and I really feel for you. Lockdown has turned everything we take for granted upside down and the toll on people's mental health is immeasurable. I've got nothing practical to offer you in how to deal with this setback, but one day you'll look back at this point in time and be grateful it's over.
Yeah if lockdowns ever finish I will be grateful but as for the dental stuff that's never ending that won't change.

Thanks yeah I know there's people to chat to on here but in reality I don't have anyone I can rely on,even when restrictions end.
That stinks but keep your chin up, things will turn around ? some times dont you just wish you lived closer to people you meet online? Lol so many of the people here are from the UK and I find it fascinating ?? the way they chat, (in their journals and such ? lol I read a lot of older ones) different words used and the food they talk about lol im not sure why but I find it so awesome. Ill have to visit there one day.

That stinks but keep your chin up, things will turn around ? some times dont you just wish you lived closer to people you meet online? Lol so many of the people here are from the UK and I find it fascinating ?? the way they chat, (in their journals and such ? lol I read a lot of older ones) different words used and the food they talk about lol im not sure why but I find it so awesome. Ill have to visit there one day.
Yeah,i think after 8yrs tho you've got to know when to give up+with no transport makes it impossible.?

Yeah,i think after 8yrs tho you've got to know when to give up+with no transport makes it impossible.?
Keep your chin up tazey. ??

Guess I'm now waving goodbye to the March appointment. ? ?

Anyone else have to swallow their food whole? due to their dental issues.

What happened tazey? No way to figure it out? ?

My sibling keeps relying on my lift she wants to see him days before my appointment,she knows full well I've got an appointment anyone would think she's doing it on purpose. ?

any way to message your lift and explain what's going on and that you truly need them and she doesn't? Surely they'll see your appointment is NEEDED and won't squander the opportunity.. I hope. Its worth a try anyway

My mother did, because she was missing so many of her teeth that she couldn't eat properly. And she lived like this for a good ten years at least. Probably longer. Though I'll never know why she chose to do nothing about it.

As for me, I'm trying to retrain myself to chew on the left side again. I've been favoring my right side for months, because I'm afraid of getting food stuck in this hole that was left behind when my wisdom tooth broke off. Not the same, I know. But it certainly isn't pleasant. ?

No he won't do that she's had issues lately+only has him to rely on (she's got him wrapped around her finger) he'll say what's wrong with doing both? we shouldn't be mixing households that's the problem she has a teenager+he's now back at school so it puts everyone at risk. If he cared about me id have got to the 2 previous ones. It's literally a kick in the teeth oh wait wrong expression.

Last edited:
Not anymore, but I did have to avoid chewing for almost a year. Now I tend to stick to soft foods but do chew softer stuff like pasta. I avoid anything crunchy or hard, or tough.

No he won't do that she's had issues lately+only has him to rely on (she's got him wrapped around her finger) he'll say what's wrong with doing both? we shouldn't be mixing households that's the problem she has a teenager+he's now back at school so it puts everyone at risk. If he cared about me id have got to the 2 previous ones.
Well, that sucks. Sorry, I didn't know. Anyone else that you can get to take you? Its still early in much, when is your appointment?

It's so difficult, I know I've been doing it for so long now but it can't be doing my stomach any good. ?

Don't know anyone else that drives not that we should be mixing anyway.

Back