Staff member
Ciara, a dentist in Edinburgh, has contacted us with the following information:

Ciara Sutherland

City Health Clinic
9 Earl Grey Street Edinburgh, EH3 9BN
Email: [email protected]
https://www.cityhealthclinic.com/
Phone: 0131 2282442

My name is Ciara Sutherland and I work at City Health Clinic , Lothian Road , Edinburgh where I have been a senior dentist for the last 7 years. In 2017 I became the youngest ever dentist to be awarded "Scotland’s dentist of the year". The judges stated that it was my patient’s testimonials particularly that lead them to their decision. Every patient that submitted a few words on why they wanted me to win the award mentioned how I helped them with their dental fear.

Each patient made reference to my gentle manner, soft tone and willingness to explain that really helped them overcome their phobia. I always explain to each patient what I'm doing, what to expect, what's coming next - no nasty surprises, either physical or financial! I just like to wrap my patients in cotton wool and mind them! I always give my patients as much time as we need - no rushing! My surgery is lovely and bright and I love to play classical music to set the right peaceful mood! Lastly I come from Cork in the south of Ireland - it’s the Irish charm and accent that puts everyone at ease!

---

If you like, you can leave a review in this thread
:)

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Forum Buddy
Dr Ciara,

I always give my patients as much time as we need - no rushing!

This is great, and one of the biggest reasons why I love my own dentist, I never feel rushed, ever , and feel he's very focused on my care . Even though I'm aruond the world from you just wanted to say thank you for this! :)

Congrats on your being dentist of the year, sounds you quite deserve it!