• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

electric toothbrush ok with temp crown?

FearfulInMA

FearfulInMA

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just had a crown prep and temporary crown put on yesterday. It's my 3rd crown, but my first since I started using an electric toothbrush. I know that the flossing protocol is different with a temporary crown, but I wonder if it's ok to use an electric toothbrush or if I should switch to a manual for the next few weeks? I meant to ask yesterday at my appointment, but I think that all of my anxiety made me forget to ask. Can one of the dentists on the forum please let me know so that I don't have to embarrass myself my having to call the dentist's office to ask? Thank you in advance for your response :).

I am not one of the dentists on here sorry. But I am really interested to know the answer as I never thought about using an elec toothbrush after a crown prep. I am having one done on Friday so I will ask my dentist about this but hopefully a dentist will answer this before then to give you the answer.

Thank you for a very good question :respect: :butterfly:

Back