• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Elmers glue for temp crown hack? Would you do it?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering ...

I have a temp crown on that is now a bit loose and wiggly and has a week or so to go before the other one comes in.. but nervously hoping it hangs in there. My dentist who is amazing and I trust so much, suggested using Elmers glue to put it back in if it came out at one point..he's been really great so far, and I googled it and seems others suggest it too. There are several articles on it working from dentists who have tried it themselves. just curious..? Hoping I won't get a chance to try that out and it stays in there .. I'm being extra cautious.

aghh. Temp crowns make me nervous.

Last edited:
As a non-US person, Google shows that there are loads of Elmer's glues. Despite this, you'd be better off checking with your own dentist, the answers will vary depending on what kind of crown you're getting, what the temp is made of etc.

So I found this article which says it pretty simply.. sounds like a very temporary solution just to buy you time to get back to the clinic for sure not to eat on for a week until the final crown is done..

I also have heard.. yes, Gordon so important what kind of glue. definately NOT superglue...

Any update?

For me, my temp is still hanging in there , thankfully hoping it will last until the new one comes in :) but eating a little softer :)

I hope you got your temp crown fixed by now, or got yoir permanent. My dentist told me to use toothpaste if my temp crown came off. She said it would work until I could get in to get it fixed.

Thanks Mountainmama,

It fully came off yesterday and thankfully my dental office was able to get me in and the assistant recemented the temp in for me, Thankful for the abililty to get in on a Friday night. The final should be in soon.

That’s a relief.

The friday night after thanksgiving?

That is something to be thankful for indeed.

Yes, I was very relieved and hated to even ask if they were open with it being black friday evening and not wanting to be a bother. I couldn't get off during the day and had to work until 5:30 so amazingly they were able to get me in after work. :)

Back