• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

emergency appointment asap

J

jdbubbles

i have been planning to get an emergency appointment for a while now
only this week my whole jaw has been so bad i havent eaten properly i cant even poke out my tongue... it now that i realise and have to acknowledge the fac that it has been 5 years since ive seen a dentist 2 years since i stopped chewing with the right side of my mouth and now 3 days since ive been facing my initial fears.... tomorrow im going to go to the hospital for an emergency appointment first thing. ...... but i've been saying that for weeks

Please, Please go for that appointment.. :welcome:

We are all here for the same reason...we could not face the denstist chair.. :hidesbehindsofa:it does not make it easier to leave it. I was just like you, and if my front tooth had not have dropped out I would probably still be sitting THINKING about making an appontment because I hadn't seen a dentist for so long.

I was so suprised and my new (emergency) dentist was a lovely lady who put all my fears at rest, now I can smile again, my treatment was painless and quick and I thank God I made that appointment.

Share your fears with us all and we will all be with you as you start your journey to a beautiful new smile..

Jools
:XXLhug:
xx

thanks i am going to go the pains getting unbearable... im worried as i cant actually open my mouth very wide becuase of how swollen it is its so irrational ive never really had a bad experiance at the dentists i just work myself up everytime.... but iv'e been neglectful and when i turned sixteen i didnt really know how to go about getting my own dental care etc... very expensive!! and now its been so long im even more anxious than before about going i just keep crying :cry:

Your fears are quite understandable and to all of us on this board are completely normal. We've all been in that position, of being faced with that all important and often life changing decision of having to face up to the fact that we just have to go to the dentist - whether its the pain forcing us to do so, or having a front tooth fall out and vanity making us go.
You really have come to the right place. By sharing your fears, just writing about them really does help and if you read others' success stories and journals you will see that you really will be able to do whatever is necessary to get your teeth back into healthy condition and free from pain. When my front tooth fell out I just knew I had to go. I had left not going to a dentist for more years than most people's ages on this board, but despite common sense and vanity telling me I just had to go and get myself sorted out (and unfortunately during all those years I never suffered toothache) it was only through the support of people on this site that I managed to make that first apointment. From then on, though I was still scared stiff every single time, I did it! You can too. Just keep posting about what scares you, etc. ask any questions, however trivial you may think and believe me, we'll all help you to go through whatever you have to. Experience tells that your imagination is your worst enemy and you will probably have far less wrong with your teeth than you think.
So, you've made that first important step, by posting here, your next one is to find the right dentist because there will be one out there just for you and then by reading and posting here, you will succeed! Good luck and :welcome: to the in-place to be.

i wish i had gone last week!!!
just got back from the dentists in one piece and with all teeth intact ?!?!? would you believe my pain had nothing to do with the hole in my upper right molar (although i have been warned to find a dentist and get it filled asap) and nothing to do with my upper right wisdom tooth which has been coming through for the past year

my LOWER ( and i swear i experianced hardly any pain in my lower jaw) wisdom tooth is deep in the bone not growing out yet and has an infection ive been given antibiotics but i have to go to the hospital next month and have all four removed but thats next month and in the meantime though im admitedly still in a lot of pain i feel 10 tens better for going and im kicking myself for not having gone last week as my infection would be clear by now and id be able to sing (am a singer ) so please if any one has doubts about a looming appointment just get it over and done with i know its easily said !! also ... today i asked the nurse to take my passport and look after it so i couldnt chicken out like i have done in previous situations... worked for me

Well done to you :jump: :party:

That was so brave after all the pain and fear, so proud of you for going through with it..It's amazing when you realise it's not as bad as you thought.

Good on you...keep posting

Love

Jools
x :grouphug:

I am so very pleased for you. It's amazing how we put off the inevitable and then when we do manage to get ourselves there we find that we were working ourselves up into a frenzy and thinking the worst possible scenarios, all for no reason and the reality is that we were letting our imaginations run away with us and that it really wasnt as bad as we had thought. Also, whatever is wrong with our teeth, we have only ourselves to blame because we know that despite our fears, we should be sensible and go. I'm a fine one to talk. It took me 40 years! Anyhow well done, I bet you feel ever so better now, and so proud of yourself. Give yourself a big pat on the back. :party:

Back