• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Emergency dentist advice?

V

Viviling

So about 2 weeks ago my upper two front teeth started to feel on edge, if you will, and not right, so a few days later I notice they're starting to bleed a lot when I brush them. Then at the beginning of last week I noticed I'd wake up with dried blood between my two front teeth only a couple of times but still. So today, my teeth started bleeding on and off all day. I am not able to get an appointment at my dentist until Jan 12th because of the holidays - and also it will be my first appointment at this dentist because I have left my old one because of their bad service for 10 years. So since I can't get an appointment I phoned the NHS 111 who have said it's not a major emergency that I would get an appointment this evening - however they advices me to go to the walk-in centre tomorrow to see the emergency dentist. I'm just terrified that they're going to pull my teeth out. I'm only 21. And I do look after my teeth. I don't eat sweets and anytime I have a fizzy drink I drink it through a straw. My teeth don't look bad in condition - sure I've had the odd filling but other than that my front teeth are generally in great condition. I'm scared that I've inherited gum disease. My grandmother had it at 30 and she had to have all of her teeth pulled out and I'm so scared. I'm generally not good with dentist anyway - but what should I expect from the emergency dentist?! Sorry for the essay!

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I think by now you will have been to see the emergency dentist. I hope things are okay and would be interested to know how you got on if you could find the time to let us know. :butterfly:

I have also this problem. If you get better treatment please inform me also.:)

I have also this problem. If you get better treatment please inform me also.:)

It could be that if your gums or teeth feel a bit sore that you don't brush as you should because of the dis-comfort which makes the problem worse. Try gentle brushing with a soft brush and try to carefully floss to keep the teeth and surrounding gum area clean. Warm salt water rinses can also help. A visit to the dentist after the holidays could tell you exactly what the problem is. Things are often not as bad as we think they are :butterfly:

Back