Enhanced Dentistry

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Simon 🤞 - all the best for the 24th!!

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello again everyone and hope you have all kept well. As promised, my dental appointment did indeed go ahead today (November 24th) and was probably one of the nicest sessions I have ever had in my entire life. I have been going through much jaw discomfort in recent days and weeks, putting it down to stress and hence associated gnawing and clenching to cope with it! Having discussed this with Megan, she had a little feel of the affected area and surprised me with a lovely short burst of facial massage! How lovely - things felt better already. I was not able to have a full clean again today, as the surgery and staff were not equipped to carry this out safely but, along with the lovely surprise massage and a couple of very careful scrapes in some areas of concern, Megan was able to give me a lovely long indulgent polish! Oh what bliss - I nearly nodded off as I heard her gentle reassuring voice and felt the soft rotating brush spoiling every tooth in my mouth. If only I could have this every night!! Alongside all of this pampering, the usual checks were done, with nothing untoward; gums scores this time were mostly two and one or two three which was fantastic, all things considered. Megan readily agreed that although all was basically well, I did need a full clean, which we are now going to carry out in just a few days time on the 18th December, just in time for Unchristmas. This has been well choreographed already; I am reassured that although both dentist and nurse have to dress up in space suits, they are both meeting me initially in normal dress, and then one of them changing into their special suits whilst the other waits with me, so that I am not in any way daunted by the slightly different outlook. I will get the surgery to myself for I guess up to an hour for this to happen safely, but the treatment itself is no different to before. I cannot wait! I will write again when I have been for my next session of spoiling on the 18th.
From dental heaven with love. Simon

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello folks. As promised, here is my missive following my session today on Friday December 18th 2020. All went very smoothly; the session was again sublime, with my first proper cleaning for over eight months. Apart from a couple of twinges it was all very pleasant and enjoyable; I simply relished being able to lie back in comfort and be seriously pampered by two very pretty ladies, Megan and Lisa. I am told that I was indeed very lucky to get Lisa for today, as she no longer routinely works with Megan, but her replacement (Sophie, who I have met a couple of times) is equally caring and will take the place of Lisa next time.
As forewarned, both Megan and Lisa did indeed dress up in what in the end looked like bee keeping suits for my session, but faces were still visible and despite both their oxygen supplies and the suction and ultrasonics, their lovely voices could still be heard. Afterwards, my mouth now feels bigger in size having lost all that muck of so many weeks and a little sensitive, but no real pain or discomfort to speak of. My next session is already booked for the end of February, by which time we hope that a large proportion of the vaccine programme will have been rolled out (this is in the UK) and things starting to ease off after what is promised to be an evil winter for us all. I wish everybody on this site health and renewed happiness for Christmas and the New year.
From dental heaven with love. Simon XX

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
And a very happy Christmas to you, too, Simon 🎄 - great to hear all went well!! (had to snigger at the bee-keeping suits 😝)

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for the update! I often think of a cleaning as a wellness for teeth and your description of your cleaning really makes it sound like wellness! :love:
Happy Christmas and the New Year, Simon. Til soon! :xmas::plays:

S

Surreyvwphobic

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages and pictures. Hope to see you all safely on the other side in the New Year. Love from the angelic chair, Simon XX

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello everyone and a very happy new year to you all. Some of you around the world are lucky enough to have finally returned to normal living; here in the UK, despite a fantastic vaccine programme running way ahead of expectations we are all convicted of a crime we have not committed and remain at the mercy of a bullish dictator. Much of Europe faces a similar fate at present too.
The one mercy we have been shown is the continuation of dental care; hence today, February 26th 2021AD I had my next follow up appointment with Megan and her new nurse Sophie. All went very well; my dental health had held out (just) and a couple of areas gently scraped at consequently, but I did have an issue with my new bridge; it turns out that it had in fact come unglued and shifted position, causing me some discomfort and one of my front incisors to start twisting back. Megan pounced straight away, reglueing the bridge back into position and the teeth now all moving back to where they belong. I am now in a little discomfort afterwards though not in any real pain, and my time in the chair was totally pain free. After so many weeks of minimal contact it was just so nice to see a real person and do something normal for a change! I will return for a full cleaning and further review on the 10th May if all continues to go well with the world situation.

S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello everyone and hope you have all made it this far. This missive is a few days late but refers to my latest session which occurred earlier this week on Monday 10th May 2021 AD. All went very well again this time; apart from a couple of threes my gum scores had remained at all two or lower (so superb) and so just a very thorough cleaning was needed, as this had gone about six months due to the need to book out the surgery for safety cleaning and for Megan and nurse to dress up in their bee keeping suits again. The cleaning was a very pleasant experience again, and how nice to be staring up at four very pretty eyes as they worked away! I go again in September for the next round of dental pampering, provided the latest virus hasn't killed us all off in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Surreyvwphobic

Hello everyone and hope you have all kept safe and well around the world. In the UK we are cautiously coming out the other side of this terror thanks to a fantastic vaccine programme of which I and all known to me have had our two doses and remained well consequently. This update is actually a month later than intended, as I was going through a very low patch up until mid September, and so I decided to postpone my planned September appointment and go a month later. Hence I now write following the events of two days ago, Thursday 14th October 2021 AD. This was another lovely and very heartfelt session of which now I still feel very emotional about, as it was just so nice to be surrounded by relative normality and to be among such lovely people. This session should have been just a review, but it was also a full cleaning, as this had been four months since the last and I did not want to go any longer without; indeed, much of the reason for postponing the recent appointment was because I knew a cleaning was needed and so did not want to waste time or money to be told thus. Anyway, the session was the usual sublime 40 minutes or so of dental pampering; I do now have Sophie instead of Lisa as my regular nurse to accompany Megan, but she was equally charming and attentive. The ultrasonic scaling was beautiful and pain free, the polishing so enjoyable that I cannot comment further on here...... and to top it all off I have been given a clean bill of health! My gum scores had remained at mostly two or less with a couple of three, and told not to worry about where I am at, as all is well! Great news indeed after such an awful year. Some interesting asides to mention; the practice tunics have changed from black to a very nice alluring dark blue with the company logo neatly to the top and side, and this time, only nurse Sophie had to cover up with the "bee keeping" outfit; Megan was down to just a thin overall over her tunic and a visor over her face, so four very pretty eyes to gaze up at.......
My next session is now six months on as my dental health has amazingly improved and settled down well despite all the goings on, and so I look forward to seeing my angels again in late March 2022! From dental heaven with love. Simon